Sunday 24 January 2016

Browned Paleo Banana Coconut Cookie Recipe

 
Overly sweet tooth like me? In need for chocolate? Want to become a cookie monster without the 'unhealthy' feel?
 
Dear ones, join me.
 
I accept that my cooking skills are not perfect and that these cookies are a little over browned but doesn't mean that they taste bad at all!
 
To make these quick and easy yummies, you will need:
 
- 2 Bananas
- 1/2 Cup Ground Flax Seeds
-1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut
-1/3 Cup Hemp Seeds
-5/6 Dried Dates roughly chopped
-2 Heaped Tbs Honey
 (more or less depending on your preference; you can also sub any other sweetener)
- 4 Squares Dark Chocolate (I used Lindt 85%) Chopped
-1/2 Tsp Cinammon
-1 Tsp Nut Butter
-2 Tbs Olive Oil/ Coconut Oil
 
Method:
 
- Preheat the oven to 200 °c
 
-Line an oven tray with tin foil and spread with olive oil to prevent cookies from sticking to the foil
 
- Mash the bananas (TIP: Peel and warm the bananas for 40-50 seconds to make mashing them up easier) and mix flax and hemp seeds, coconuts, oil, cinnamon, honey and nut butter together in a large bowl.
 
-Allow to cool a little before gently stirring in the dark chocolate chips and chopped dates
 
- Place mixture on the foil and press into cookie shapes
 
-Bake in over for 6-10 minutes
 
TIP: To prevent over burning keep checking the cookies and take out of the oven before it goes too brown , pretty self  explanatory but I always seem to find the simple things in life too straight forward.
 
I ate my cookies with hot almond milk hot chocolate whilst I watched Vampire Diaries like a typical girl on a typical Friday night.
 
Let me know if you know if you liked this recipe and any variations you may have made.
 
Priyanka xx

No comments :

Post a Comment