Saturday 19 July 2014

Nutri - Bowls


I am pretty sure I stumbled across it somewhere on this world wide thing we call the internet because I'm not this cleaver and when I am its never this simple.

Nutri - Bowls (Cheering in the background 'YAY'), they are delicious, easy and quick to make and are packed full of nutritious, 'good for your body' foods. You can add anything to them and customize it to your own likes and add things that you have in your kitchen.

Today I made one for me and my mum and added (to each bowl):
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/2 large carrot
- 1/2 ripe avocado
 - 1/2 celery stick
- 1/4 cucumber
- 4 small cooked chicken breasts
- 1 heaped table spoon of hummus (lower fat is better)
- 1 egg (fried/ scrambled/ omelette or boiled... up to you!)

I chopped up all of the raw veggies into sticks to dip into the hummus and places them all into a manageable bowl so you can get straight into it, with feet and all.

I think this is a great healthy, lunch idea with all 5 of your 5 a day, healthy fats and protein that doesn't make you have to knock your head until you find a good recipe.

So, I can guess what your making for lunch tomorrow...NUTRI-BOWLS!

Enjoy.

Priyanka xx

2 comments :

  1. This is such a great alternative to a salad. I love getting my veggies, but get so bored with salads. This would shake things up!

    - Shae
    http://currenthabits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been a serious life saver to keep healthy especially when I'm about to run out of the house...Hope this has helped!

      Delete