Saturday 18 October 2014

The Reading Habits Tag

 
So I was reading through some blogs when I stumbled upon Water Painted Dreams and saw that she had done a 'Reading Habits Tag' that really caught my attention - so here I am doing it myself :)


These are a some of my favourite books...


I even received a Mockingjay Pin for my birthday last year. This is how you tell if someone is obsessed with The Hunger Games!

1. Do you have a certain place for reading at home?

I literally have to pull my finger across the page to keep on track if I'm trying to read around people... their just so distracting! Honestly, the best place I can read is in my warm, cosy bed by myself (and even then my mind keeps drifting to other things).

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?

Both actually, sometimes old recipes, notes or fresh bookmarks but if I don't have anything I always end up reading the past 5 pages again to track back where I was.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain number of pages?

I usually stop reading when I get tired but if I get to a really good part or its nearly the end of the chapter I keep reading.

4. Do you eat or drink when reading?

Sorry, I'm not the greatest multi-tasker.

But I love sipping on my Peppermint tea every night before I go to sleep; (I cant go to bed without it!)

5. Do you watch TV or listen to music whilst reading?

That's virtually impossible.

Seriously, how do people even do that?

6. One book at a time or several at once?

It depends really. I'm usually all against that but if its a boring book or one that we have to read from school then I read something more captivating on the side. You can tell what type of books I am into right?

7. Reading at home or everywhere?

Mostly at home because I feel sick if I read in the car, its too noisy at school and well I try to read on holiday as much as I can but knowing me I'm probably out discovering other things...

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?

Oh gosh.

Sometimes I read out loud for 'practise' in case a teacher asks me to read something out in class and I completely stumble on all my words. Otherwise, I read loudly if I am trying to concentrate and it helps me to stop drifting off and thinking about everything else in the world.

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?

Noo. Unless somebody purposely reads the last words of my book out for me but that does count does it?

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?

Books are meant to be read so it might as well look like it. Actually, I used do everything I could to make sure my books never got bent and were always in perfect condition but it never worked so I simply gave up on that dream....

11. Do you write in your books?
Not unless its a book we are reading from school because we are required to make 'perceptive and analytical notes'.

12. What are you currently reading?

Delirium by Lauren Oliver. OMG I love it! From what I've read so far its so captivating! In fact I'm going to go and read more of it now.

Good Night.

Priyanka xx


2 comments :

  1. I love your answers! I seriously don't know how people can read whilst listening to music/the TV, it's so distracting!

    Lauren x
    http://whatlaurendidtoday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I feel the same find it really hard to read around any noise! I tend to stick to reading in the quiet of my bed :)
    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete