Thursday 20 August 2015

Change Your Shampoo and Conditioner to Help Your Dry Hair





 "Surely a simple change in the shampoo and conditioner game can't really fix my dry, frizzy hair can it?"
 
"Well, I guess not, so I'm never going to try it out"
 
This was exactly my mental thought process whilst I was walking past Holland and Barrett and I'm so glad that I finally made up my mind and actually walked into the store.
 
There are different hair products to suit different needs but the thing you need to look out for when choosing a shampoo is if it is SULPHATE FREE by checking the ingredients. This is because the sulphate in the products over time weakens the hair strands which means that your hair is more prone to breakage.... which in my opinion means more frizz.
 
However, switching to a sulphate free shampoo helps the hair retain moisture, natural oils and also helps hair colour last from longer.
 
What's My Experience?
 
After I used the Dr Organic Vitamin E Shampoo and Conditioner which were £5.49 each (which is very reasonably priced) I have found that my hair has improved in how healthy it looks and generally has become less dry.
 
The conditioner is amazing! You can trust that it 'penetrates your hair' and really injects moisture into the hair strands rather than other shampoos that I have used which makes my hair feel shiny on the surface but when I rinse my hair, its all just a disguise.
 
My tip would be to let the conditioner sink into your hair for a good 3-4 minutes whilst you're in the shower and then not to completely rinse the product out. The most concentrated should be towards the tips of the hair rather than the scalp to prevent a build up of product at your scalp.
 
Do you have any products which you have used that have helped nourished your hair?
 
Priyanka xx

No comments :

Post a Comment