Wednesday 12 August 2015

Europe Trip 2015 : Day 1 | Rhine Falls and Zurich City, Switzerland











Last week I flew to Zurich, Switzerland with my family for a week and I have to admit I never thought I would come back so exhausted from waking up early every day to get into the 9 seated car and travel around.
 
During our visit we drove between 5 different countries including Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Italy and Liechtenstein. The views were absolutely incredible everywhere we visited and I would not change a thing!
 
The first day it was raining but unlike my family I came prepared with a rain coat to sheltered my freshly washed and curled hair for the rest of the week. Rhine Falls is Europe's largest rainfall and compared to other small waterfalls I have seen before, it is incredible!
 
I had the time I would watch rainfalls for hours, just listening to the water's energy and wondering just how such incredible natural places exist. No matter how many photos you may see of a place, you can never truly understand how it is like until you visit the place yourself.
 
We also purchased a boat ticket which took us right to the waterfall so that we could walk up the stairs to get a view from above. This was a much more dynamic experience from watching the water fall from further away; the rain seemed heavier due to the splash of the water on us and the boat ride back was surprisingly shaky due to the strong movement of the water.
 
Have you ever been to Rhine Falls? Even though beach holidays are a complete relaxation, which we all enjoy, I think it's equally important to see the natural beauty of the world.
 
Priyanka xx
 

No comments :

Post a Comment