Wednesday 21 October 2015

Healthy Pear and Fig Snack

 


I had never even tried figs until a few weeks ago when I saw them in Asda and decided I was up for trying something new since they are probably in season at the moment.
 
Here is a simple recipe I tried out which you might enjoy.
 
Ingredients:
 
-1 Medium Soft Pear
-1 Fig
 
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Hazelnuts
- 1 Tablespoon Coco Powder
 
- 2 Teaspoons Coconut Oil / Olive Oil
-1 Table Spoon Honey /Maple Syrup
 
-Desiccated Coconuts (to sprinkle)
 
Instructions:
 
1) Cut the pear flat, sideways, into slices and place on a small plate
2) Cut the figs into quarters and then into eighths and arrange with the pear
3) In small mixing bowl add the ground hazelnuts, coco powder, oil and honey together and mix well to help it stick together slightly (don't worry, this won't stick perfectly together but that's fine as they are meant to be crumbs)
4) Sprinkle the hazelnut 'crumbs' over the pear and figs - you can add more or less of any ingredient to make it work for you
5) Decorate with a some desiccated coconuts and dig in
 
I hope you try this recipe if you have figs in your kitchen and let me know if you liked it.
 
Do you have any healthy fig snacks you have been enjoying? I would love to know!
 
Priyanka xx

No comments :

Post a Comment