Sunday 4 October 2015

La Roche-Posay Effaclar





























During the summer months, my skin had decided to switch things up a little...and turn into a mini disaster (as least in my life).

Around my forehead, my pores had become enlarged so that blackheads and spots were forming there very easily and all the time. I tried keeping my face clean, began exfoliating with blackhead eliminating scrubs, steaming my face and trying out natural masks all to find that really I was doing things that made my skin worse or didn't help my skin's situation.

I learnt that blackheads are caused by the pores of your skin becoming clogged and dried up (by over exfoliating) so they begin produce excess oils - these appear black on the skin. Then I realised that I should probably stop using the scrubs everyday.....

I've read a lot of reviews about the La Roche-Posay's range and a local pharmacists who I spoke to recommended some products to me to try out myself. I obviously thought it was worth a try even though they are more expensive compared to products I've used before.

 
After using this on my face for a good few weeks there was definitely some serious changes. Firstly, the area on my forehead looked less oily and the blemishes seemed to be improving in appearance because the product has been keeping the oils away.
 
However, when a product is recommended for blemish prone oily skin, I would now think twice about using it on my face. This is because by using the cream alone on my face as a moisturiser it left my entire face in dry patches, which overtime started to look red and damaged. This is as the acne/ blackhead prone skin was only on my forehead and therefore my whole face did not need to be treated in the same way.
 
If your whole face is prone to acne and is oily I would definitely think that this would help your situation by controlling the oils but if not then you should only use this cream on the area which needs targeting, if possible , as I've been doing for several months now and it has been doing a great job at refining the skin. 
 
 
I did begin to think this cleanser joint with the cream were the products causing my skin to become overly dry but after switching from the Effaclar Duo to my usual face cream (but using the Effaclar Duo on my target area only) I have been using the cleansing gel as I would as any basic cleanser.
 
Unless, with use this with other products I don't necessarily think that it does anything special than clean the skin but it does claim to remove excess amounts of sebum.
 
 
I apply this toner like product over my t-zone after I finish cleansing. After forgetting to use this for just under a week I began to see that my apparently improved pore sizes were getting larger. I'm taking a wild guess here, but I really do think this toner has really helped with closing up my pores so that dirt is unable to get inside and develop spots!
 
Overall, I have seen a great difference to my skin, even after a little trouble with dryness.  Well, at least I  have learnt that my skin type is definitely not oily!
 
If you have tried the Effaclar range out please let me know if it worked on your skin. Have you tried any other products that have helped with blackheads?
 
Priyanka xx

No comments :

Post a Comment