Wednesday 14 October 2015

Two Old Friends Eating Their Way Through Westfield




How cheeky is she?
 
I really wish I could answer that, but I still don't know even after nearly 10 years of knowing her....



A cod burger and sweet potato chips for lunch.


 'Girl, down the goddamn burger already'
 
That's what she was saying to me across the table whilst I continuously took photos of her and my food. Yes, indeed I am one of 'those' people who spend more time taking lovely photos rather than actually eating the food.
 
Well, then I'll be the one with the nicer photo of the food to reminisce upon in low moments in my life right?
 
 Even after all these years of knowing each other, we are both eager to see one another once in a while, even though we haven't been going to the same school since being in primary school.
 
(We were the girls who were perfectly behaved unless found together spending our time doing use less things, of course...)
 
So it seemed that we made our way to Westfield Stratford in the summer and I decided to treat myself to some/lots of unhealthy food.
 
Cos, that's the way I do it honey.
 
So here is a review of the food I consumed that day:
 
 
I can't ever make up my mind but eventually I went for the chunky cod burger with sweet potato fries. The burger was pretty oily but crispy and worked well with the crisp bread. I really was craving a burger and this satisfied my carb filled desires.
 
I would have liked the sweet  potato fries to be more thinly cut and crispy rather than just chunky chips. I do sometimes make sweet potato fries at home where I oven cook them and put in some spice which really livens the sweet taste up (maybe I will put up a recipe later for you...)
 
Overall, a good burger but not the best chips. I had to dip the fries into a lot of ketchup and mayonnaise to really get much flavour.
 
 
Oh, it was beautiful.
 
I looked online before going to Westfield  and found that the Concrete Custard they serve is really good. I'm glad to say, yes; it fulfilled my love for peanut butter, chocolate, banana and ice cream all at once and I can't think of any improvements. I found the chunks of chocolate and slices of banana was really something I haven't seen food places serve before (even though I love doing this at home!)
 
I really would have liked to try their burgers because the cheesiness of them seems worth indulging in.
 
Have you been to these places before? Is there anything in particular you like off the Shake Shack menu? If there is, let me know because I will head over there once I get the chance!

Priyanka xx 

No comments :

Post a Comment