Wednesday 27 August 2014

August Favorites 2014


Personally, I think that the photo looks like something exotic from Ibiza but that's just moi.

I'm so glad to be doing my first ever monthly favourites; hopefully they will be coming every month with things beauty, fashion, food, books and everything I have been loving!

This month I have been loving...

 1. L'Oreal Lumi Magique Foundation - This foundation I picked up in Boots because I needed a darker colour to fit in with my summer, tanned skin (yes, I actually tanned). I did spend at least 45 minutes with a by-then-a-very-annoyed-friend-that-needed-to-get-home to find a  colour that actually fit me, but we succeeded at the end. The foundation is low coverage and gives a lovely hint of natural colour which I find is great for an everyday look.

2. Marry M Gelly Nail Paint in Greenberry - I'll keep it quick. I love this colour so much, it reminds me of summer and every nail polish in the world should be this colour. That's kinda what I mean.

3. Superdrug Witch Hazel Mud Mask - This mask is great for clearing out my skin; I use it twice a week and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. It hardens quite a lot which might be a little stripping for people with more sensitive skin but I use a honey mask straight after it to renew the lost moisture back into my skin. Every time I use this mask I feel lovely and refreshed and it smells good.

4. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - This is a major upgrade from the sponges I used to use to apply my foundation with. I was pretty sure that this brush was going to be great because of how many people use and love it. It blends foundation and concealer out very well and makes it easy to use a little product all over my face.

5. Calcot Manor The Lazy Evening Dry Body Oil Spray - This is the best smell ever. It smells of summer, the sun, the blazing heat, the golden coast of Los Angeles and the long drifty, lazy, beautiful evenings in California under the blazing stars. Well, that's how I would describe it to you because I used it through the whole summer last year and every time I spray it on now it reminds me of that place, I really wish I was right now, and makes me smile every single time. If you don't believe me, go and buy it yourself.

6. The Maze Runner by James Dashner - I miss reading a good, exciting book. From when my mock exams started I couldn't get into a book and enjoy it but this really has been bringing me back into the flow. Its action packed, unexpected and exciting. Plus, on the cover it  says ' a must for the fans of The Hunger Games'... so you can see it has been calling for my eyes.

7. Calvin Klein Jeans Sunglasses - Its only a short time in the year that you can wear sunglasses and I love my white ones, they go with pretty much everything :)

8. Ikea Milk Frother - Coffee? No this makes more than milk, water and instant coffee granules mixed together. It makes it look like a posh cappuccino especially with a sprinkle of cocoa powder on top. Really, it  changes home coffee forever.  

I hope that you have found something here that you fancy trying out... and if you already have let me know what you thought about them!

Priyanka xx


No comments :

Post a Comment