Saturday 9 August 2014

Concealers: My Buys So Far


 
If I could only have one product in my makeup bag it would be a concealer. 
 
I always feel like if I get the right concealer then that's really all the coverage I need for an 'every day' look, but a good concealer has taken some time to reach and in my opinion they are also hard to track down especially since everybody's skin and preferences are different.
 
So here are all the concealers I have tried from the drugstore:
 
1. Collection 2000 Cover Up stick: This is the first concealer that I have ever bought. On top of that It is the first makeup product I have bought by myself (anything before that would not have been more than a lip gloss or nail polish). I would have said it was wonderful back a few years ago because I had never tried anything else but now I can tell you that it has a good coverage but it quite dry and cakey especially under the eyes. When I went to cover up a spot it made the spot stand out more due to the fact it was thick and flaky.
 
2. 17 Hide Away Concealer: My most regretting boots trip ever. I tried to make this concealer work so much. I really put all of my effort into blending it out differently, with a sponge, under the eyes, on spots but no where did it look close to nice. The packaging and consistency of the concealer looks nice at first but when I applied it to my skin it was orange, cakey, and looked like it would flake off my face. Also, I tried to wear this on the hottest months and it made me feel so self conscience about myself that I would barely look at people in the eye because it was rubbing off all over the place and I looked gross. I also tried covering up spots but it left then even worse. After this I have been put off 17 products - I haven't even dared to look at their makeup section since.  
 
3. Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer: I was really happy when I bought this back in Canada last summer (followed by my incredible, but short dreamy trip to Los Angeles which you can see here). I was on the internet searching for reviews on concealers for weeks until I stumbled across this concealer that really drew my attention. I think that it really does reduce puffiness around the eyes and hides away dark circles brilliantly. I would still be using this if it weren't for my face being more tanned. In the winter it looks lovely and matt when set with a transparent powder.
 
4. L'Oreal Lumi Magique Highlighing Concealer: I love using this for highlighting my brow bone because it makes me look more awake, for the inner eyes and under the eyes but on top of another higher coverage concealer or foundation to make my eyes 'pop' a little more. The brush is lovely to apply it with and I would recommend using it in conjunction with another concealer for a little more coverage.
 
 5. Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer: What's all the hype for from bloggers and youtubers about this concealer? Well if you haven't tried it you wouldn't  know. It has a great coverage and is actually not flaky. Horayy! Its an all round concealer for under the eyes, covering spots, scars and dark skin pigmentation which is great for those that want the coverage without wearing foundation everyday. Its the only concealer that I have bought that looks fine on spots- that is the result of following the newest makeup craze!  AND it last for pretty much all day and tries its very best to resist sweat. Bonus.
 
6. Rimmel Match Perfection Concealer: Again this is a lovely highlighting concealer to use with foundation or another concealer, around the inner eyes, cheek and brow bones. I think this has a little  more coverage than the L'Oreal Lumi Maqique but they are pretty similar.
 
I hope my experiences with concealers help find a perfect concealer for you skin.
 
Please let me know any concealers that you would recommend and what they are best for!
 
Priyanka xx
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment