Tuesday 12 August 2014

Peanut Butter, Banana, Chocolate Energy Balls



Ooh yes. I bring out the Peanut Butter, Oat, Banana, Chocolate, Coconut ENERGY BALLS.
 
I haven't really come up with a good enough name for it yet but they do provide energy and contain all the above ingredients so I guess the long name is fine for now.
 
The first time I made this, I was in a real hurry (unfortunately to revise) and eat something chocolaty but healthy and found this recipe...
 
After that day I have been completely loving these life saving balls of scrumminess- and whenever they magically disappeared from my fridge it seems to be my duty to make more because otherwise I continuously crave them. Its just how my body works.
 
They are a perfect pre-workout snack or something for when you need a little chocolate without eating the unhealthy stuff.
 
So here we go, you will need...
 
- 1 Large Mashed Banana
-1 Cup of Rolled Oats
- 2 Tbsp Organic Peanut Butter
- 1 Heaped Tbsp of coca powder
-1/4 Cup of Desiccated Coconut
-2 tsp Stevia
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
 
Mix all the ingredients up in a bowl and then get a little messy and use your hands to make them into balls about the size of a table spoon.
 
Place the balls on a round plate and place them in the fridge for at least an hour for the best taste. This part is the hardest part...waiting. Don't worry, if your anything like me then you can enjoy a taster and scrape anything left in the bowl and on your fingers like I mention here :)
 
*Please note that the amount of each ingredient depends on your personal preference and that you can adjust them as you wish...and still make them taste amazing!
 
Hope you all enjoy one of my favourite snacks and find ways to make it your own.
 
I think you also might realise I have quiet a sweet tooth here...
 
Priyanka xx

No comments :

Post a Comment