Wednesday 4 November 2015

Dear Best Friend

Dear Anisha,
 
It seems like such a long time ago since we met. In fact I don't remember first meeting you at all or introducing myself to you because it is as if you were always there beside me. I know I tell you how much I love you all the time and attempt to express my love within text messages (which always end in infinite x's) but I don't think it's fair to say that these messages really can sum up how grateful I am to have met such an incredible person as you.
 
I've realised that one of the reasons you have been my longest and closest friend is because no matter which situation we fall in, you have the heart to forgive me, to accept my changes, my decisions and opinions. Most others would not be bothered to deal with it, whereas you have always thought I was worth accepting and fighting for.
 
Thank you for being someone who I have spent some of the best moments of my life with so far, for being in my thoughts as hope in darker moments and someone I can turn to whenever I feel the need. Its incredible how alike, yet how different we are and how I can be thinking any thought with there being a high chance you will be thinking same. Even the complicated things I cannot clarify in my own head seems to make complete sense to you but won't necessarily to anyone else.
 
Every time I drink coffee, count down to summer or sing a Taylor Swift song I think of you. I feel like you know me inside out and only you have had the courage to stick with me for this long (given the trouble!)
 
I hope that we make plenty more memories together and that we never have the opportunity to drift apart because that is not what family would do. I am sorry that words nor expressions will ever be able to express how thankful and blessed I am to have you.
 
Let our adventures be infinite and our worries be small.
 
Forever and always,
 
Priyanka xx

No comments :

Post a Comment