Wednesday 25 November 2015

Pizza Express, Covent Garden

I'm not going to lie to you about how terrible I am with directions.....
 
Seriously. I am pretty bad.
 
One of my friends invited me for dinner at Pizza Express in Covent Garden, my internet stopped working (so that I could not use the navigation on it) and there I was, all alone not knowing where the restaurant was nor where to go. Even from asking directions, using the maps and calling my friends I still couldn't make it out by myself.
 
45 minutes later when I was rescued by my friends (who were very tired of waiting for pizza), I found that it was ACROSS THE ROAD and under a bridge from the station I got off at.
 
Urgg. At least I burnt those calories, right?
 
Usually pizza and pasta are not my thing simply because it is such a common food, so when I want to treat myself to something slightly more 'unhealthy' I venture for other exciting foods to full fill the desires of my taste buds.
 
I chose pasta over the pizza because one of the girls were telling me it was really good and her 'go to' choice. The Pollo Pesto Pasta (oh, the alliteration...) was very filling. It had chunks of  chicken, mushrooms, red onions, mozzarella and pesto sauce. The chicken was a little dry but there was just enough sauce and cheese to make up for it.
 
Honestly, it could have been a little creamier or saucy to make it work better. It was a good meal but nothing incredibly special. I think the pasta at Vapiano was of a much higher standard than Pizza Express and you can see my post on that here.
 
Where is the best pasta you have had? I would love to know for another dinner out :)
 
Priyanka xx

No comments :

Post a Comment