Monday 1 September 2014

Healthy and Filling Chocolate Breakfast Smoothie


Normally I'm not one for breakfast smoothies because they tend to lead me unsatisfied and hungry in the morning. One thing I've learnt is that I really don't like being hungry in the morning because I then go and snack on everything in my fridge. Not good.

When I came up with this, I chucked loads of random ingredients, that I would normally eat for breakfast, together and blended away... I don't know how but it came out much better than I expected.



So here is the recipe: (Serves 1)

- 1 cup of Hazelnut milk (sub any milk but this gives a different taste)
- 1 Banana
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 Tbsp Smooth Peanut Butter ...( I still can't believe I got through the hole tub in a month. That's some kind of record)
- 1 Pack of Quaker Instant Oats or 1/2 Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 heaped tbs Cocoa ( depending on how chocolaty you'd like it)
- Handful of ice cubes (optional)

Throw all your ingredients into your blender and blend away!

This is probably my favourite smoothies at the moment and I love sippin' it with my smoothie straw! Maybe its just me.  Also, I have been using my blender a lot during the summer holiday for baking and smoothie-ing  - I love it.

I really hope that you enjoy this smoothie recipe! Let me know if you substituted or added anything that makes it taste  better.

Priyanka xx

No comments :

Post a Comment