Saturday 11 July 2015

Easy and Natural Contouring


 
I have introduced my makeup (and myself) to a little more contouring. I know. It is really down to the basics here.
 
To honest, applying layers of foundation then concealer then bronzer then blush then highlighter is not the most ideal habit to go about every single morning at 7 am for me. However, since the summer has arrived and I have been ditching my foundation on daily runs,I have decided that a little dimension to my face is definitely required.
 
I sometimes can watch hours and hours of YouTube videos and still not really know how to contour properly simply because I haven't tried. Well, that definitely was the scenario when I surprised my mum by cooking stir fry noodles for her birthday....only that the noodles ended up over cooked and way to sticky for a stir fry and the whole thing didn't taste like...noodles. It's because I have seen her cook millions of times and always thought it was easy. Apparently not.
 
Concealer: I first cover up any dark spots with Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer. On my face, these are mostly all on my forehead and a few on my chin which means that these are the slightly lighter areas of my face, useful for contouring at the same time (how cheeky).
 
I then conceal my under eye area with Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer. I have figured that a highlighting concealer is better to use under the eyes because it is more natural and does not become cakey as it doesn't have such a thick consistency. I have been trying to apply this under my eyes by dotting the product in a wide triangular shape, this way I can highlight above my cheek bones at once.
 
Bronzer: I have always been a fan of Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder (as well known as the 'chocolate bronzer') forever. The product has lasted me for such a long time which is great! This applies very naturally on my skin and I can build it up depending on how strong I would like the shadows under my cheekbones to be. I also apply a little near my hair lines and blend it down to my neck.
 
Blush: I have very much come to a conclusion. I need blush and mascara to then actually look alive. No, it really isn't the same without them! I apply blush with a 'fish face' first then add a little more to the apples of my cheeks as I smile.
 
At least this will be a handy lesson learnt for the future.
 
Is there any little tricks that you have learnt along the way? If so, I would love to know!
 
Priyanka xx

No comments :

Post a Comment