Saturday 25 July 2015

Photo Diary : Two Days in Central London

 
Breakfast at Pret A Manger with my cousin after failing to show her our great British Costa Coffee. We shared a little bit of savoury and sweet together before heading to Green Park to show her Buckingham Palace.
I'm much more scared of large moving animals than most people; I might smile but it's only a disguise to cover up my true feelings....

The very busy, very crowded London Eye.



I've said it before - I really don't mind getting lost in the middle of London alone, it would be an adventure, right?
The strange thing is that I have never been to Covent Gardens before. I've been meaning to visit for a long time so when I finally had a chance I dived right for it. The area is much different to places such as Oxford Street or Trafalgar Square even though they are not far apart. We ate brunch in a cute little café outdoors called Le Pain Quotidien which had lovely coffee and a healthy menu - I loved very much! It was hard to keep away from the deserts but I managed (with some difficulty).

Leicester Square and Trafalgar Square.



By this time of the day we were all very tired from walking around in between thousands of tourists and my cousin was still jet lagged from her 25 hour flight from Sydney, so we decided it was almost time to head home.



I learnt many things from our day out, one of which is that to really explore London, or any other city, you need to look around properly to find gems of  places which tourists will visit. These are usually are much more beautiful than the mainstream London streets. Small and quieter cafes might surprisingly have better food and a different (but lovely) feel to them than the usual Starbucks would have.
 
I love discovering new things!
 
Which places in London or your city do you love? Did you find them out of trial and error?
 
Priyanka xx

No comments :

Post a Comment